Leadership Niagara - Sponsorship Opportunity
Lockport Business Association is proud to announce
a $1375 Grant!
The Matching Grant will be awarded to an eligible LBA Member, or a Member's Employee, covering half the cost of tuition, for this year's upcoming, Leadership Niagara - Class of 2014.
For more Details on Lockport Business Association's matching grant, and for eligibility details, please contact The Lockport Business Association at
for consideration in this year's class, be sure to print and complete an
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as it is not unusual for the class to be filled before the deadline.
Leadership Niagara 2014:
World Class Leadership Development
Leadership Niagara is creating a sustainable movement to build leadership capacity across our region.
Through a network of over 1000 graduates Leadership Niagara delivers a high standard of graduate level leadership development, concepts and principles, as well as an opportunity to nurture leadership capacity and to help individuals extend their learning into day-to-day practice.
CEO’s, educators, lawyers, managers, engineers, military officers, law enforcement professionals, and small business owners have all benefited from the skills gained through their participation in Leadership Niagara and continue their personal development in alumni events and activities.
- One year program beginning in January through December 2014
- Class members meet one day per month from 8am to 4pm for experiential learning, team discussions, and meetings with area leaders and industry experts.
- Program includes two overnight retreats in January and June which focus on leadership assessments and curriculum on organizational change, transformation, creativity and innovation.
- Coaching & Mentoring program offered to provide personal support
Participants will gain an in-depth and practical understanding of what leadership is and what it is not, while building a strong peer learning network and learning about the issues that impact our region. Themes include: Entrepreneurship, Economic Development & Smart Growth, Bi-National Relations, Renewable Energy, Criminal Justice, Tourism, Life & Health Sciences, Agribusiness, Education & Workforce Development.
Impact on the Individual:
- Enhance your leadership capacity and improve your personal performance
- Gain in-depth understanding of issues and industries impacting our economy
- Nurture leadership competencies and capacity
- Provide personal support systems to individuals/professionals
- Build lifelong relationships in network of past, present, and future leaders in Western New York
Impact on the Organization:
- Develop talent who will drive results through your organization
- Invest in people who will be ready to take your organization to the next level
- Prepare executives in your company to lead in complex and changing times
- Improve productivity and problem solving capability
- Improve teamwork and collaboration
- Increase innovation
- Sustain excellence and profitability
Impact on the Community:
- Create productive members of society
- Increase entrepreneurship and create jobs
- Improve economic competitiveness of the region
- Improve overall welfare of the region through improved economic conditions
About The LBA
The Lockport Business Association is an organization of businesses dedicated to economic development in western New York, resident and visitor satisfaction, the creation of a regional destination and increasing community pride.
We sponsor crowd-drawing special events such as the Taste of Lockport in August.